What we miss in Work from home! And why it should continue.
- Most Friday evenings were about making post office party plans, and honestly, zoom parties are not the same. At all.
- Remember how huge fights and debates( we used to have it) and passions rising, egos inflating, it used to be good viewing. But when you are a party to it zoom calls don’t have it, its better to roadrole a point in person!
- Every workplace has its own music, how to set up meetings, who to have, not to have, when to be evasive when to be welcome, when to eavesdrop, when to invite yourself to the meeting! On zoom its their, but physically you get more control!
- Trust me home coffee is much better than work coffee, but random offering of food and pleasantries kept so much going.
- No one misses carrying 2Kg laptop daily from home, catching the cab, carrying it again to your workstation, packing it, and again carrying it back home, only to repeat it 5 days a week, as if laptop felt homely and home, and slept well! But podcast and music had its own time.
- Arranging meeting rooms, offering tea/coffee/green tea, snacks, and munching was such a big part of meetings, sometimes finding chairs, duster, marker, place to write was a pain. Connecting laptop to TV screens, finding your right connector. Who wants to go back to all that.
Let the house be divided, priority is being not infected with the crazy ever changing virus, its best to choose basis your work your org values, what future holds, but for now, safer the better!